January 19, 2007

The disappointing rose

A writer at Garden Rant describes failing with roses, in a way that makes me quake. My idea of a good garden is one that likes wht it finds in your dirt and spreads nicely, offering up fresh growth for second, third and fourth plants each year.
.... I haven't lost faith. Too many gorgeous varieties to choose from, and some day I'll find the perfect match of rose and spot, and it will actually grow like normal shrub, getting bigger and better each year, instead of growing like a rose... which, in my experience is nothing much in year one, promising in year two, possibly spectacular in year three, and then by year four, beginning either a slow or a fast process of wasting away....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog. thanks for being here and sharing your experience. I just started a blog called www.restorationinprogress.blogspot.com

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home